The motivation of developing D-VASim can be watched in the video shown below.
Note: To watch the video in HD mode, click settings and select Quality (1080p60)
A practical demo of D-VASim can be seen at User Manuals page.
D-VASim (Dynamic Virtual Analyzer and simulator) is a tool to analyze and simulate the genetic logic circuit models developed in the Systems Biology Mark-up Language (SBML).
These models are usually tested in wet-lab which is a very time consuming and error prone process. Due to the mishandling of the apparatus, experiments are often required to be repeated. In order to avoid this time-consuming in-vitro experiments, these models can be tested through in-silico analysis first. To the best of our knowledge, there exist no in-silico tool which give users an intuitive feeling of performing laboratory experiments virtually.
D-VASim give the users an insight of performing laboratory experiments right in the in-silico environment. Similar to the way a user increases an input concentration from the test-tubes into the flask containing bio-model in the laboratory, a user can vary the concentration of input proteins with the help of control knobs and observe its effects on the output concentration graphically in runtime, using D-VASim. D-VASim is the first simulation tool which allow users to interact with the model during runtime.
In D-VASim, users can analyze the components of SBML models in a user-friendly manner. A separate virtual instrument can be generated for each SBML model, which serves as a standalone virtual instrument.
Technical Information of D-VASim.
- Developed in NI LabVIEW
- Support the latest SBML level 3 version 1 core components
- Based on JSBML
Features of D-VASim v1.0.
- User-friendly analysis of SBML components
- Runtime interactive stochastic simulation
- Deterministic simulation with ten different types of continuous solvers
- Reflect the effects of changing parameters during runtime
- Support changing the attributes of SBML events during runtime
- Boolean logic analysis for up to two input complex genetic logic circuits
- Threshold value and propagation delay analysis of genetic logic circuits
- Allow modifier degradation
- Store simulation traces for reproducing the model’s behavior
- Generate separate virtual instrument for each SBML model
- Simulation speed can be controlled
The latest version of D-VASim can be downloaded here.